Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Sunday 9 August 2009

India and China set up Hotline

According to the Hindu, India has, at China's suggestion, agreed to set up a hotline with her eastern neighbour. According to the newspaper, India's only current hotline friend is the Russian Federation, while China has a 'functional' hotline with the US. (What is the difference between a functional hotline and a non-functional hotline?)

'NEW DELHI: India and China have decided to set up a hotline between Prime Ministers Manmohan Singh and Wen Jiabao as a confidence building measure. The decision was taken during the 13th Round of India-China Special Representatives talks on the boundary question which concluded here on Saturday in a “cordial and friendly atmosphere.'

Indo-Sino trade came to $52b in 2008.

No comments: