Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Monday 17 August 2009

Al Jazeera English First Off the Starting Blocks Again

As I have written before, here and in print, Al Jazeera English are again first off with an important story out of India...the Maoist threat and counter-measures announced by PM Manmohan Singh today. I will be talking to Doha in a live two-way for the news programme which is at 4.0pm GMT on this issue between 4.15 and 4.30 pm GMT.

Following India's placing of the Maoist group on the terrorist list, the outfit has retaliated by saying the the PM and Sonia Gandhi, President of the Congress Party are now their number one targets.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
US doesnot like Sonia and if Naxalites are placing a bounty on her head, then it has sinister meaning.The naxalites killed a Swami in Orissa and started anti/chrisitan violence to satisfy UNCIRF. They are also playing the game of destabilising regimes which opposed indo/US deals.

Rani Singh said...

Captainjohann
the naxals have put Sonia and the PM on their hit list, not placed a bounty on her head.