Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Friday 10 July 2009

UK Foreign Secretary David Miliband in Pakistan

UK Foreign Secretary David Miliband has been to Pakistan 'More times than he's been to Washington,' he said on his fifth visit to Pakistan this week, demonstrating the strategic importance of UK-Pakistan relations.

In May 2009 a new 'Strategic Dialogue' between the two nations was announced co-inciding with a new strategic dialogue between the US and Pakistan.

Miliband met with President Zardari, Prime Minister Gilani, and Foreign Minister Qureshi who has just been on a visit to London.

The topics under discussion ranged from counter-terrorism and security to regional stability to development.

No comments: