Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Thursday 9 July 2009

Clinton's Departure Date for India Confirmed

Hillary Clinton will depart for India and a regional conference in Thailand July 17th, foreign policy site The Cable reports.

Before leaving Washington, she will deliver a major speech to the Council on Foreign Relations.

As I have reported on SkyNews.com and in studio, the US is pushing hard on relations with India mainly on trade and economy, as it sees the second fastest growing economy in the world as a lucrative market not least for civilian nuclear technology after a landmark agreement on the topic was signed with Prime Minister Singh in Washington last year.

No comments: