Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Saturday 25 July 2009

HuffPo on US-India Relations

One of my outlets, Huffington Post, ran this Simple Intelligence summary of the US - Indian relationship

Indian Seduction
SI Analysis: US Secretary of State Clinton returned from India after securing nuclear, defense, seucity, energy, space and arms agreements. India is gleeful that the Bush-era policy -- that overlooked its status as a non-signatory of the Non-Proliferation Treaty -- remains for all intensive purposes in effect. This is because the US needs India as an ally: to pursue peace talks with Pakistan and wants to secure its alliance as a counter-force to China's growth in Asia.

No comments: