Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Monday 20 July 2009

Surviving 26/11 Mumbai Attacker Kasab Changes Plea to Guilty

Taking his own defence by surprise, the lone surviving Mumbai attacker Ajmal Amir Kasab has changed his plea to guilty in court concerning the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. He has narrated in astonishing detail how he and his co-attackers were brought from Karachi and has named as the masterminds Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi as well as Abu Hamza. Kasab also named Indian Abu Zungal as having taught him Hindi as well as 'Saeed Bhai' who trained him in Pakistan. He has asked for judgement to be pronounced and for the trial to close accordingly.

There is discussion around whether the confession is voluntary and going to remain consistent.

No comments: