Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Saturday 17 October 2009

With the BBC News Channel as the Pakistani Military Offensive into South Waziristan Starts

As the attack got under way, I was into Television Centre to discuss what could ensue.
The interesting point in this offensive is that the Pakistani army has used a different strategy to SWAT; soften up with air raids and amass on the outskirts of the tribal region. An HQ was set up in 2004.

Will the militants resist as we expect, using booby traps and tunnels, or will they disperse?

And what will happen to the civilians left behind, with the army blocking the roads and no NGOs/refugee relief agencies able to function in South Waziristan?

No comments: