Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Monday 19 October 2009

General Patraeus in Pakistan just after Cancer Op

In a sign of how important Pakistan is to Washington, the Head of US Central Command, General David Patraeus, was sent to Pakistan for two days barely a week after being treated for prostate cancer. He is in Pakistan for two days for talks with Pakistani commanders concerned with the South Waziristan Operation.

Dawn reports; "The US is rushing in equipment that would help with mobility, night fighting and precision bombing."

The Pentagon said that Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff, has also called Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani to emphasise continued US support.

No comments: