Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tuesday 28 April 2009

President Obama Can't Live Without...Mike Lazaridis's Invention

Yup, I didn't know it, but the BlackBerry was invented by a Canadian! Interviewing Research In Motion's MD EMEA, he told me that he delights in observing how children and others enjoy using the BlackBerry, and yet they were not the initial target customers.

Mike Lazaridis founded RIM while at the University of Waterloo, Ontario. I found fascinating the fact that Lazaridis set up the Perimeter Institute , now one of the world's leading research establishments for quantum physics.

No comments: