Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tuesday 3 November 2009

Interview with Lord Mandelson

I asked Lord Mandelson last week,
"What is the key to unlocking the Doha stalemate?"

He thoughfully and slowly replied,
"Well, its very important indeed in my view that we take what was agreed last year as the continuation point. If you start to try to unpick and renogotiate, I think that's a recipe for trouble. I would appeal to all the main negotiators, stick with what we've got, move on from there and find necessary compromise.

The recovery of the global economy is not yet embedded - it's fragile, and what a wrold trade breakthrough would give us is a major new stimulus package for the whole of the global economy from which all of us would benefit."

No comments: