Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Wednesday 2 September 2009

Business with India for Huffington Post

A story I wrote for Huffington from an interview that the Chief Executive of the UK India Business Council gave me was published last night. Sharon Bamford is attractive, blonde, great on the macro as well as the micro view and gave me her full attention at her office in Millbank overlooking the Thames. What is happening with India often goes under the radar, but it is a growth area for business both ways - in and out. Sharon is at the forefront of that, so is interesting to interview as she is objective.

Towards the end of October, Indian and British CEOs will gather in London for a UKIBC summit and at the same time the President of India Pratibha Patil will make a state visit. The Commonwealth Games will launch from Buckingham Palace, and at a black-tie evening gala Dame Kelly Holmes will be a guest speaker alongside Lalit Modi of the Indian Premier League.

No comments: