Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tuesday 4 June 2013

Inside Story Half Hour on Al Jazeera English; the Maoist insurgency

Al Jazeera English consistently examines in depth many of the big stories. It is the international television network that most nearly chimes with what concerns citizens round the world rather than just what matters to Europe and the USA. My colleagues in Doha, AJE headquarters, rarely give me a whole lot of notice, as is the case in the news world, but one hour to studio for this Inside Story half hour programme June 1st 2013 was a big ask from a standing start with me in my west London clothes and no make up when the car journey alone averages 45 mins. Still, Nick, my producer, we did it, didn't we; we linked up successfully with Delhi and we had a fairly civilized panel discussion on the Maoist situation in India.

No comments: