Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Wednesday 25 July 2012

Pranab gets what he wants -the Indian Presidency

My latest post at Coffee House; how Pranab Mukherjee, who has been a pillar of the Congress Party, has won for himself a reward for his hard years of negotiating and trouble shooting on behalf of his masters. I don't think that anyone should be relaxing too much with Pranab as President; there's a reasonable amount of power and executive clout that comes with the post and for once he will have the capacity to make decisions at his own. He is no longer beholden. He has five years to make a difference.It's taken four decades, and denied the PM's job by the party president Sonia Gandhi, he's wrested a great consolation prize. He might not have gotten it had Congress not become so debilitated.

No comments: