Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Thursday 17 May 2012

Former Tesco CEO Sir Terry Leahy for Forbes India; Why Values Matter in Business

I really enjoyed interviewing Sir Terry Leahy, the former CEO of Tesco, for Forbes India. He is one of the UK's leading business thinkers and is credited with transforming the supermarket chain into a global giant.

His style was laid back, his tone moderated, and he answered all my questions with ease. I like the fact that Sir Terry is a private person, and that there are few public photos of his family.

Forbes India has a terrific theme for its third anniversary issue which was published last week. The theme this year is business as a force for good, and the magazine contains interviews with some of the planet's foremost opinion formers. Steve Forbes is apparently pleased as punch with his Indian brand, visits the Mumbai team regularly and promotes Forbes India in the US.

My editors in Mumbai are enthusiastic and engaged, and I enjoy talking to them. They are taking business and looking at its intersection with all areas of life; sport, the arts, science and technology, etc. Creating a different model to other magazines in the business space, which is why Forbes India is growing.


No comments: