Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tuesday 9 June 2009

Attack on Pearl Continental Peshawar

The Marriott owned hotel housing foreign aid workers has just seen an attack with at least five killed and roughly 40 injured.

30-40 vehicles have been damaged. The kitchen and laundry areas are damaged.

The soft target is chosen most likely in revenge for the Pakistani military offensive in the area, the North west Frontier Province.

Following a trend, militants seem to have attacked a checkpoint outside the hotel and then driven into the compound in a avehicle packed with explosives.

VIPs, foreign aid workers and polticians stay in the hotel.

No comments: