Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Thursday 9 February 2012

15 Feb 2012 Book Launch at the Exclusive Laya Lina Privee, Knightsbridge

With the kind permission of the owner we have exclusive use of this select lounge bar with pretty aquaria in a cosy luxury setting in Knightsbridge, a stone's throw from Harrods (it is the preferred venue for Harrods staff functions).

The book launch series has provided different dream events, each with its own flavour and constituency.

One of the speakers at Laya Lina Privee on February 15 2012 is Lynne McAlister, who writes for American in Britain magazine. Lynne is on the Board of Directors of the American Women's Club of London and the Board of Federation of American Women's Clubs Overseas. Since the book is published by an American house for an American readership in the first instance, it was important to remember that constituency this time around. So we have some important Americans in London coming along.

David Nash, Executive Officer and Board Member, JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration Corporation, Japan's largest natural resource company, is also going to speak. He is the only non-Japanese member of his board.

When I was doing some live performing for charities like UNICEF in the early nineties, organised and directed by Vanessa and the late Corin Redgrave, I learnt that serious themes could be highlighted with a mix of poetry and music. So it was my wish for tenor George Anthony to consider what appropriate songs would capture aspects of the book and my subject's life; despair, hope, salvation, and her love for India.

I am delighted with his moving selection and am really looking forward to the event. There is an interesting, eclectic audience, with a preponderance of defence and military experts from the British side.

No comments: