Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Thursday 16 August 2012

Olympic Cauldron Designer Thomas Heatherwick talks to ForbesIndia

It was nice to get a chance to look at an aesthetic aspect of the London Olympics; the stunning cauldron, or set of objects which came together to form one big flame. Thomas Heatherwick oozes passion for his work; amidst the glitz, the glamour, the high octane level and the turbo-charged business deals, the still small voice of artistic endeavour was refreshing. While Thomas's interview about how he designed the cauldron effect is illuminating, I am fascinated by his other work. For instance, he designed the UK Pavilion for Shanghai for World Expo 2010. It was one of the standout features of that event, and is an important item in his portfolio. Thoughtful design which makes sense to the audience as well. How rare is that?

No comments: