Welcome to my blog. I may write copy here that I would not present elsewhere. This blog allows me to comment while reporting for clients which can include subscription-only platforms. I use it to take a sideways look at running stories, and all views presented here are my own.

Interested parties are invited to comment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Thursday 13 May 2010

Rahul Continuing to Visit Election Constituencies

Rahul Gandhi is paying attention to West Bengal, where elections are due in 2011.

I understand that these visits are often in collaboration with senior, older party members and use local Congress chiefs for co-ordination. The results are carefully monitored and assessed.

West Bengal traditionally has a Left wing following. The left has seen a dent in its popularity recently, but will always have a place in Indian politics.

The Communist Party HQ in Delhi had the least security of any major party HQ, when I visited, and the least amount of staff serving its officials. Just a couple of guys at reception.

No comments: